Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is the tax rate if I buy a used car in New York? what is the rate to import to Canada?

Hi, there are actually 2 questions. If you know either part, please answer.



[1] I have read that for the tax rate, it depends where in NY I register the car. BUT I plan to import it to Canada--it will not be registered in the US. So what is the tax rate if I just buy the car and drive it away?



Other than misc fixed fees, I know there is a rate (based on the car's value) that I need to pay for the car to be imported into Canada. Is this just the GST of 7% or some other value?



Thanks all!What is the tax rate if I buy a used car in New York? what is the rate to import to Canada?
CALL YOUR LOCAL DMV OFFICE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL BE GETTING THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment