Sunday, January 8, 2012

What are some things the average person might not think of when deciding whether to buy a new car or used?

I'm looking to buy a car, and I'm leaning towards used, but could I be overlooking the value of a new car?





Obviously, a used car is cheaper which is my leading motivation, but of course you do get what you pay for (generally). Used allows for cheaper insurance and I don't require anything new or fancy, just something to get me around and won't die on me.





What are some pros and cons to going with used vs new?|||I would always go for an older car, as you say, insurance is cheaper and generally parts are cheaper too. As long as you buy smart and go for a popular and reliable make and ensure your car is regularly serviced and you have a decent garage then you should be OK. Invest in a decent breakdown service (just in case)





A brand new car with a 3 year warranty will probably provide hassle free motoring for at least 3 years, but during those 3 years would probably have depreciated more than 3 years worth of servicing and motor care would have cost for your older car.





Plus every time you take your shiny new beast to a supermarket or public car park - some idiot is bound to scratch or ding it which will break your heart, with an older car, it really doesn't bother you so much.





I'm not impressed by gadgets and heated seats and built in GPS or a mp3 compatible radio but then again I do drive a 45 year old car





Make sure you get something you are comfortable with - you are probably right to overlook the new car.|||Whether they can afford the payments -

No comments:

Post a Comment