Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is the best value second hand car for under $10,000?

I want to upgrade my car and my budget is $10,000 tops. I'm looking for a 4 cyl 1.6-1.8 motor sedan, preferably done less than 80,000km. So far only Daewoos, Hyundais and Lancers fit this criteria. I have never driven any of these - does anyone own one who can give an opinion? Are they good value used cars? Any other suggestions? PS I live in Australia.What is the best value second hand car for under $10,000?
once you decide on the car check out



http://www.siftin.com/#vehicles



This site provides used car listings from all major online sites but also searches local dealers inventory for used cars and your local newspaper ads. Hence the listing is very comprehensive. Its a little slow as it pulls data from many sites right then to get you uptodate listing, but worth it as you don't have to look at many sites.What is the best value second hand car for under $10,000?
I was on board until you said you were in Australia.



Here in the US, I rely heavily on Consumer Reports, They do an annual report on the most reliable used cars, rating them in various categories (engine, transmission, hardware, etc.) with an overall rating. Then they list the best choices in various price categories. Although those ratings may not translate 100%, they should give you an idea of which vehicles should be in your sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment